Monday, January 18, 2010

What controls a fuel pump on a 92 astro van??

the pump runs when it wants to.What controls a fuel pump on a 92 astro van??
The duct tape that is holding that piece of crap together.What controls a fuel pump on a 92 astro van??
It is supposed to run like that. The fuel pump needs to maintain a certian amount of fuel pressure. If the vans running ok, theres no problem
Check fuel pump fuse first, next check fuel pump relay, then check fuel pump.. Usually there is a problem with the fuse. I have heard of the relay going bad, if thats the case, I recommend having someone take care of it. If you have the brains when it comes to the engine, its a job that can be done
I don't have an Astro but I do have a Safari, though mine is a 95. I just had this problem fixed, so hope this helps. It sounds like the pump is failing. Mine was intermittent too and that was caused by the pump not being able to hold pressure continually. Unfortunately, the pump is housed in the gas tank which means you or your mechanic will have to drop the tank ( I recommend the mechanic, I did it once and never again!). There is always the chance that it may be your fuel filter which is an easy fix you can do. The filter is located I believe on the frame, drivers side, just about where the door is. The fix ran me about $450.00 for the new pump, so you might try the filter first. I hope this helped :)

No comments:

Post a Comment