Saturday, January 16, 2010

Is it possible to increase the amount of breastmilk if I haven't pumped in a week and I take birth control?

If so how?Is it possible to increase the amount of breastmilk if I haven't pumped in a week and I take birth control?
start pumping regularly, drink plenty of fluids. if you are taking a ';regular'; birth control pill, not the mini-pill you shouldn't breast feed. talk to the dr.Is it possible to increase the amount of breastmilk if I haven't pumped in a week and I take birth control?
Just continue to pump (note my name), your body WILL respond as if you are feeding twins if you pump both sides at the same time (even if one of those pumps is a gobbling bundle of love) :)
I encourage you to check with your doctor about breast feeding while taking birth control. I echo the concern of another.


To answer your question about increasing your production, there are some herbal teas that will help. Another thing to remember is that your breasts will respond to almost any stimulation. While feeding works best, your spouse's stimulation during foreplay and sex will also help with your production. Make sure that milk is expressed. Make sure that your breasts are stimulated. Consider herbal teas. Also, make sure you take the correct tea. Some are very specific regarding intended use.
I thought you could not breast feed and take birth control. May be I am misinformed...........
The best way is to feed the baby every hour until the milk increases. Secondly relax and the milk will flow.
Start pumping and feeding as often as you can. It's a question of supply and demand.....more demand= more supply!!

No comments:

Post a Comment