Saturday, January 16, 2010

Help, do I have a bad oil pump in my boiler or a control problem?

the burner is a beckett the relay is a honeywell 7184 the oil pump is a suntec clean cut a2ea6520,,The boiler would not fire, so I cleaned it, changed the oil filter which was black with muck, Changed the nozzle which is a solid stream .85 80 degree, the electrodes where set 5/32 x 5/16 x 1/16, when It goes to fire you can hear the voltage across the electrodes and the motor running, put a proximity tester on the oil switch plug it reads voltage than it shuts down with no oil going to the nozzle, the pump was primed . theirs no oil going to the nozzle,,can it be I have a bad oil pump on a 3 year old boiler ??the relay was changed with a spare that I had which was brand I have no heat and any info will help ,Help, do I have a bad oil pump in my boiler or a control problem?
the solenoid valve is not opening remove it, and yes the pump can be bad i have had new installs with bad pumps right out of the boxHelp, do I have a bad oil pump in my boiler or a control problem?
sounds like you did everything right, havent ever ran into this problem, any chance the pump is sludged up? are you sure you bled it well? if all is checked then the pump is about all thats left. sorry i cant think of anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment