Saturday, January 16, 2010

87 jeep wont start and run, changed fuel pump, filter, computer and control mod?

I have an 87 f.i 2.5 wrangler, I got it and it ran but would just die after a short time of running, I have changed the fuel pump, the ignition control mod and the computer. at first there was no to little fuel pressure, so I changed the fuel pump and filter, got it all back together and it started up and ran for a few minutes, shut it off, started, shut it off and it wouldnt start again, dropped the tank, no problem there. now no spark, so changed the control mod. and nothing, ordered a new computer and still nothing. any I deas what I should be looking for? I have a chevy v8 sitting here but would rather keep it jeep, plus with gas prices I am sure that little 4cyl gets better milage than the v8. when it did run it ran good too. I'm stuck/lost87 jeep wont start and run, changed fuel pump, filter, computer and control mod?
You may think, that is going to sound CRAZY, but i would first change the positive battery cable. With all that you have done, it sounds like you are loosing current. Are all the battery cables tight, and you have a good battery ground/ i would look into electrical, it is definitly not fuel, something is shutting down your current!!

No comments:

Post a Comment