Saturday, January 16, 2010

I mean, firstly, how can I do a mass balance for a water system when there is a pump controlling the flow?

(The water is flowing between a Feed water tank and a deaerator).Then, I would like to know what I have to take into account when calculating steam production in a boiler?I mean, firstly, how can I do a mass balance for a water system when there is a pump controlling the flow?
Most deaerators use some steam to help drive any air from the boiler feed water. You will have to make some kind of adjustment for the steam added and the steam vented with the air from the deaerator.





Most deaerators have information of how much steam should be added and how much is bled off.





I would hope the pump is not controlling the flow of water but rather a boiler level control or more sophisticated feed forward flow/level control system.I mean, firstly, how can I do a mass balance for a water system when there is a pump controlling the flow?
At steady state the mass flow rate at any point in the system in pounds per hour (steam, condensate or feed, etc.) should be constant (unless mass is added or subtracted at any given point).

No comments:

Post a Comment